Vivo just launched its X60 and X60 Pro smartphones in the new X60 series in India, as it had announced. These phones pack a 6.56-inch FHD+ HDR10+ E3 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate and a 32MP camera inside the punch-hole, but the X60 Pro has a curved screen. The phones are powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with support for 5G SA / NSA, feature extended RAM technology, so 8GB RAM can effectively have 11GB RAM, which is 3GB more, said the company.
The X60 series pack triple rear cameras with Zeiss optics lenses that includes a 48MP main camera with Sony IMX598 f/1.48 aperture main camera with VIS 5-Axis Video Stabilization that is enhanced gimbal stabilization combined with EIS to realize X/Y-axis rotation/transition as well as Z-axis rotation.
The X60 Pro also has Gimbal Stabilization 2.0 that moves the lens in the opposite direction to compensate for any camera shakes. These feature a 13MP 50mm portrait camera and a 13MP 120° wide-angle camera with 2.5cm macro support. The phones reproduce the intricacies of Biotar lenses, which include the legendary central resolution and the rotation bokeh of Biotar, said the company. These have HDR Super Night portrait, Ultra-wide night mode, Pixel shift ultra HD imaging Extreme night vision 2.0, Pro sports mode and more camera features.
The X60 series feature two-tone gradient design and satin AG technology that not only offers smoothness and exquisiteness, but also visually more advanced, almost completely free of fingerprints, according to vivo. The vivo X60 is just 7.36mm and the X60 Pro is 7.59mm thick, making it vivo’s thinnest phone with a 3D curved screen, says the company.
Vivo X60 and X60 Pro specifications
- 6.56-inch (2376×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.8:9 E3 AMOLED 120Hz (curved in X60 Pro) HDR10+ display
- Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage (X60) / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage (X60 and X60 Pro)
- Android 11 with Funtouch OS 11.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, f/1.48 aperture LED flash, Gimbal Stabilization 2.0 (only in X60 Pro), 5-axis VIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide lens with 2.5cm macro, f/2.2 aperture, 13MP 50mm portrait camera with f/2.46 aperture, 2x optical zoom
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C Audio
- X60 Dimensions: 159.63×75.01×7.36mm (Midnight Black) / 7.40mm (Shimmer Blue); Weight: 176g (Midnight Black) / 177g (Shimmer Blue)
- X60 Pro Dimensions: 158.58×73.24×7.59mm (Midnight Black) / 7.69mm (Shimmer Blue); Weight: 177g (Midnight Black) / 179g (Shimmer Blue)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (X60) / 4200mAh (X60 Pro) battery with 33W fast charging
The Vivo X60 and X60 Pro come in Midnight Black and Shimmer Blue colour variants. The X60 is priced at Rs. 37,990 for the X60 8GB + 128GB and Rs. 41,990 for the 12GB + 256GB. The X60 Pro comes in 12GB + 256GB version priced at Rs. 49,990.
vivo India has also introduced “vivo X League” to provide buyers additional peace of mind. With all variants of the X60 series, customers will enjoy benefits like 24×7 exclusive calling line, 2 years warranty (1 year extended) and complimentary 3 month Amazon Prime membership.
Commenting on the launch, Nipun Marya, Director – Brand
Strategy, vivo India, said:
vivo has always been driven by innovation, and the X60 series is a testament to that promise. The X60 series takes our learning from the very successful X50 series to a whole new level. Featuring the latest Gimbal
2.0 technology, running on the leading 8 series Snapdragon processors, all encapsulated in an elegant and ergonomic design, the X60 series is a true flagship.
vivo is spearheading the field of mobile photography by providing professional-grade camera technologies to smartphone users. The X60 series is the newest chapter in vivo’s legacy of delivering cutting-edge mobile photography experiences. And to give our users unparalleled sharpness, clarity and image quality, we have co-engineered with ZEISS – a legend in the world of optics for 175 years.