Update: OnePlus has also released OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 smartphones, and the changelog is the same.
After months of delays, OnePlus has finally started rolling out Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus 7T and the OnePlus 7T Pro smartphones. OxygenOS 11 beta had always on display feature, but the stable version doesn’t have it, but it might come in another update in the future. Some users are also reporting camera issues with the update, so it is not clear if the company will push another update to fix it.
This comes 5 months after the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro got the OxygenOS 11 update. The company recently resumed the Android 11 roll out for the OnePlus Nord with OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 after fixing the bugs. The company recently pushed the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, these phones should also get the update soon.
The update is about 2.8GB in size and has Android security patch for February 2021. Since the OTA update will roll out in batches starting today, it might take time to reach everyone. Check out the complete change log below.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster