Samsung is expected to introduce Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smartphones in a couple of months. After the renders that surfaced last month, detailed specifications of the phone have surfaced. This reveals FHD+ Infinity-O LTPS display with 120Hz refresh rate for both the S21 and S21+ smartphones, and 6.8-inch Quad HD+ Quad HD+ LTPO display with an adaptive refresh rate of 1hz to 120hz. These are said to be powered by upcoming Snapdragon 875 or Exynos 2100 depending on the market.
A recent report said that the S21 Ultra will support S Pen stylus but won’t come with a dedicated slot, instead the company is planning to sell cases for the phone to store the S Pen. The S21 and S21+ are expected to pack 12MP + 12MP (UW) + 64MP (Telephoto) triple rear cameras, and the S21 Ultra is said to pack a 108MP + 12MP (UW) + 10MP (3x Telephoto) + 10MP (10x Periscope) cameras along with laser autofocus and up to 100x space zoom. This reveals a plastic back for the S21 and a glass back for the S21 Ultra, but no details about the build of S21+ yet.
Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra rumoured specifications
- S21 – 6.2-inch FHD+ Infinity-O LTPS Display, 120Hz refresh rate
- S21+ – 6.7-inch FHD+ Infinity-O LTPS Display, 120Hz refresh rate
- S21 Ultra – 6.8-inch Quad HD+ LTPO Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1-120Hz refresh rate, up to 1600 nits brightness, 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 Mobile Platform / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- S21 and S21 +– 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, 64MP Telephoto lens, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- S21 Ultra – 108MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 100x Space Zoom, Laser autofocus, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz) / Wi-Fi 6E (S21 Ultra), Bluetooth 5.1, UWB (S21+ & S21 Ultra), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh (S21) / 4800mAh (S21+) / 5000mAh (S21 Ultra) battery with fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is expected to come in Phantom Violet, Phantom Pink, Phantom Gray, and Phantom White colours, S21+ in Phantom Silver, Phantom Black, and Phantom Violet and S21 Ultra in Phantom Silver and Phantom Black. As rumoured earlier, the Galaxy S21 series should be introduced in a virtual unpacked event in January 2021.
The company is also rumoured to launch the Galaxy S21 FE soon after and the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3 and Z Fold FE later in 2021 with S Pen support in two smartphones. Looks like the company is planning to scrap the Note series as rumoured earlier.