ASUS just launch the ROG Phone 3, the company’s latest gaming smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR AMOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate, 270Hz touch-sampling rate, 25ms touch latency, is one of the first phones to be powered by Snapdragon 865 Plus SoC with up to 12GB (16GB in global market) of RAM. It has redesigned Copper 3D vapor chamber, larger graphite film that dissipates the heat even faster with the assistance of a heat sink that is 6X larger than the one used in ROG Phone II.
There is an in-display fingerprint scanner, features a 64-megapixel rear camera along with a 13-megapixel 125° ultra-wide camera and a 5-megapixel macro camera, and a 24-megapixel camera on the front. The phone has ultrasonic bumper/shoulder buttons with haptic feedback with AirTrigger 3 technology that now supports both sliding, swiping and the possibility to divide each button in two partitions for tapping. It features a single shake to control on-screen input, giving you a total of 5 additional actions that are comfortable to use.
It replaces the 3.5mm audio jack with USB Type-C, features 7-magnet stereo front-facing speakers GameFX, advanced sound tuning and game mode enhancement and quad noise-cancelling microphones. The phone retains the huge 6,000mAh battery with 30W HyperCharge fast charging that can charge up to 4510mAh in just 46 minutes. The phone has RGB logo on the back.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 270Hz touch sampling rate, 113% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1%, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 3.1 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C Hi-Res audio, 7-magnet stereo speaker with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier, Quad microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, OZO Audio
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm; Weight: 240 g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone 3 is priced at Rs. 49,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 57,999 It will be available from Flipkart starting from August 6th. It comes with Aero case and 30W hyper charger in the box.
ASUS is also selling 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version at 999 Euros (US$ 1,160 / Rs. 86,290 approx.) and 16GB RAM with 512GB storage version for 1099 Euros (US$ 1,270 / Rs. 94,930 approx.) in select markets.
- ROG Phone 3 Glass Screen Protector: Rs. 699
- ROG Clip: Rs. 1999
- ROG Phone 3 Neon Aero Case: Rs. 1999
- ROG Phone 3 Lighting Armor case: Rs. 2999
- AeroActive Cooler 3: Rs. 2999
- ROG Cetra Core: Rs. 3999
- ROG Cetra Headset: Rs. 7699
- ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad: Rs. 9999
- Mobile Desktop Dock: Rs. 12999
- TwinView Dock 3: Rs. 19999