Qualcomm just announced its latest Snapdragon 865 Plus Mobile Platform that offers 10% faster performance compared to Snapdragon 865. Lenovo Legion gaming phone and ASUS ROG Phone 3 5G are the two smartphones to be announced on July 22 and ASUS India has now confirmed that the ROG Phone 3 with Snapdragon 865 Plus will also be launching in India on the same day as well.
A dedicated microsite for the ASUS ROG Phone 3 India launch has gone live on Flipkart and the teaser image reads “ROG Phone 3, Rule Them All”. The virtual launch event will take place on 22nd July 2020 at 8:15 PM and we can expect ASUS to announce the price of the ROG Phone 3 for the Indian market.
In case you missed, TENAA listing already confirmed the specifications of the smartphone, which hinted at Snapdragon 865 Plus and up to 16GB of RAM. It might feature 144Hz refresh rate screen compared to 120Hz screen in the predecessor, according to AnTuTu listing.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 rumoured specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 3.09 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 + 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 585) with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, ultra-wide camera, depth / macro sensor
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Dual front-facing speakers with dual smart amplifier, FM Radio, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm; Weight: 240 g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter