Lenovo just announced Legion Phone Duel, the company’s first gaming phone under the Legion brand in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.65-inch AMOLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate and is the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 865+ Mobile Platform with up to 16GB of RAM. It has 45767.32mm² dual liquid cooling solution and built-in dual X-axis linear motor, promising true “4D vibration” and two ultrasonic trigger buttons.
The Legion Phone Duel features GAE game acceleration engine, which promises steady 120fps frame rate in supported games and the Link Boost feature effectively reduces network latency. It has a 64-megapixel rear camera along with a 16-megapixel 120° ultra-wide camera present in the middle and a side-mounted 20-megapixel pop-up camera, which uses 10 software tweaks to make it easier to use in that orientation.
The phone packs a 5000mAh battery with support for up to 90W super flash charging based on dual-battery ATA architecture to avoid overheating of the battery itself and the board. This lets you charge up to 50% in 10 minutes and 100% in 30 minutes using dual USB-C ports on the bottom and side like ROG Phone. There are also versions with 45W and 65W charging.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel specifications
- 6.65-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz AMOLED HDR display with DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 3.09 GHz Kryo 585 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 585 + 4x 1.8 GHz Kryo 585) with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with ZUI 12/Legion OS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.89 aperture, 16MP 120° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash
- 20MP pop-up front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- USB Type-C audio, dual AWINIC 88264, 1.4cc dual speakers, 4 microphones
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Multicolour rear LED, Dual Ultrasonic gaming sensors
- Dimensions: 169.17 x 78.48 x 9.9 mm; Weight: 239g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, QZSS(L1+L5), 2 x USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 45W/65W/90W fast charging
The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel starts at 3499 yuan (US$ 500 / Rs. 37,320 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage 45W charging version, 12GB RAM with 128GB storage 65W charging version costs 3899 yuan (US$ 557 / Rs. 41,585 approx.), 12GB RAM with 256GB storage 65W charging version costs 4199 yuan (US$ 600 / Rs. 44,780 approx.), and the top-end 16GB RAM with 512GB storage 90W charging version costs 5999 yuan (US$ 857 / Rs. 63,975 approx.). It will first roll out in China and will roll out Africa, Europe, the Middle East and other parts of Asia later this year.