Samsung launched the Galaxy Watch Active2 in India back in October last year in 44mm stainless steel model and the 4G version with stainless-steel case in India in December. Today it has launched Galaxy Watch Active 2 4G Aluminium edition in the country and said that it Samsung’s first smartwatch to be made in India. It has a 1.4-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with rotating touch bezel that turns both clockwise and counter-clockwise to advance screens so you can easily select favourite apps.
It can manually track more than 39 workouts with seven of them automatically activated—including running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine and dynamic workouts. The watch comes with e-SIM connectivity helping you stay connected for calls, messages and notifications without phone and is supported by Airtel and Jio.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G (44mm) specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full colour Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM (Samsung/Non-Samsung), and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above. Also, for this eSIM version, pairing the watch with your phone for the first time and activation requires a Samsung phone
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- e-SIM, 4G LTE B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B20, and B66
- LTE function is compatibility only for Samsung smartphones
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G Aluminium edition comes in Cloud Silver, Aqua Black and Pink Gold colours, is priced at Rs. 28,490 and will be available starting July 11 across retail stores, Samsung Opera House, Samsung.com and leading online portals. It offers 10% cashback and 6 months no-cost EMI offers till July 31, 2020.
Commenting on the launch, Mohandeep Singh, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
The Aluminium edition of Galaxy Watch Active2 4G is our most affordable 4G watch now. It’s also the first smartwatch to be made in India. With Galaxy Watch Active2 4G, we have also started manufacturing our entire range of 18 smartwatches in India as part of ‘Make for India’ program.