Samsung launched the Galaxy Watch Active2 and Galaxy Watch 4G recently in India, but the former did not feature 4G LTE connectivity. Now, Samsung India has launched a 4G variant of the smartwatch — Galaxy Watch Active2 4G and is now expanding its 4G smartwatch portfolio in India.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 features a stainless-steel case, flaunts a 1.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels. It is powered by a Dual-Core processor clocked at 1.15GHz paired with 1.5GB RAM and 4GB of internal storage.
It has a rotating touch bezel that turns both clockwise and counter-clockwise to advance screens so you can easily select favorite apps and it can manually track more than 39 workouts with seven of them automatically activated—including running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine, and dynamic workouts. The watch has new health sensors on the back, which take in readings faster and the watch also helps you track real-time stress levels through Samsung Health, provides access to guided meditation programs through integration with Calm.
The highlight of this model is the 4G LTE connectivity through e-SIM. This means that users can make and take calls directly from the watch itself without having to keep their phones around. The e-SIM support on this smartwatch is provided by Airtel and Jio.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G (44mm) specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM (Samsung/Non-Samsung), and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above. Also, for this eSIM version, pairing the watch with your phone for the first time and activation requires a Samsung phone
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- e-SIM, 4G LTE B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B20, and B66
- LTE function is compatibility only for Samsung smartphones
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G comes with a 44mm steel dial in silver, black and gold color options and is priced at Rs. 35,990. It is available in Samsung e-store, Samsung Opera House, e-commerce websites, and offline stores.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India said:
At Samsung, we understand the needs of the consumers. The Galaxy ecosystem has been created to ensure that the latest innovations and technologies are accessible to all. With the launch of Galaxy Watch Active2 4G, Samsung now has the widest range of 4G enabled smartwatches in India spanning 2 unique design templates, 3 sizes and 6 colour finishes. The fresh design language and all new digital bezel UI in combination with seamless 4G connectivity makes the Watch Active2 an essential product for those seeking a blend of style and functionality. to The mantra “Do What You Can’t” has always been the driving force behind such meaningful innovations that help us enrich the lives of our consumers.