Samsung has announced Galaxy Watch Active2, the company’s latest smartwatch and successor of Galaxy Watch Active in India. It comes only in 44mm model in India with 1.4-inch curved Super AMOLED screen with rotating touch bezel that turns both clockwise and counter-clockwise to advance screens so you can easily select favorite apps. It can manually track more than 39 workouts with seven of them automatically activated—including running, walking, cycling, swimming, rowing machine, elliptical machine and dynamic workouts.
The watch has new health sensors on the back, which take in readings faster and the watch also helps you track real-time stress levels through Samsung Health, provides access to guided meditation programs through an integration with Calm.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 (44mm) specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 768MB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM and iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9T; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging
The Galaxy Watch 4G isSamsung’s first Smartwatch to launch with the e-SIM technology in India. It automatically tracks six of the most popular exercises— walking, running, cycling, elliptical machine, rowing, and dynamic workouts — and features 21 new indoor exercises from a selection of 39 activities. The Galaxy Watch 4G is currently compatible with Samsung smartphones and will work on the Airtel and Jio networks. Reliance Jio offers JioEverywhereConnect service for all its prepaid and postpaid customers at no additional cost.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G Specifications
- 1.2-inch / 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display,Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- 1.15GHz Dual-Core Exynos 9110 processor
- 768MB RAM (Bluetooth) / 1.5GB RAM (LTE), 4GB internal memory
- Tizen Based Wearable OS 4.0 (Compatible with Android 5.0 or later and iPhone 5 and above, iOS 9.0 or above)
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL STD 810G
- Dimensions (46mm): 446 x 49 x 13; Weight: 63g (without strap)
- Dimensions (42mm) 41.9 x 45.7 x 12.7; Weight: 49g (without strap)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 4G LTE (Optional), Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/Glonass
- 472mAh (46mm) / 270mAh (42mm) Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 (44mm) stainless steel in silver, black and gold finish is priced at Rs. 31,990 while the Watch Active2 Aluminum in black, rose gold and cloud silver costs 26,990. The Galaxy Watch 4G is priced at Rs. 30,990 and Rs. 28,490 for 46mm and 42mm variants, respectively.
Both these new Watches will be available across offline channels, Samsung Opera House, Samsung e-shop and leading online portals and come with special launch affordability schemes from leading banks and NBFCs.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Director, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
Galaxy Watch 4G is Samsung’s first e-Sim enabled watch in India. Galaxy Watch Active2, with its fresh design language and digital bezel, is a great combination of style and functionality. Its personalized tracking and advice helps you stay on top of your fitness game, wherever you may be. As always, it’s our mantra of ‘Do What You Can’t’ that keeps us in the hunt for meaningful innovations that enrich the lives of our users.