Update: Huami has confirmed that Amazfit T-Rex will cost Rs. 9999 and will be up for pre-order on Amazon.in from June 7th.
Earlier: Huami is all set to release Amazfit T-Rex rugged outdoor smartwatch in India in 2nd week of June, and it has been teased on Amazon.in. The company recently confirmed the launch of Bip S smartwatch in India on June 3rd at Rs. 4999. The T-Rex was introduced at the CES earlier this year and has passed 12 regulations of the military-standard (MIL-STD-810G) quality test and can withstand extreme heat and cold, is resistant against corrosion, moisture resistance and has a durable body.
The T-Rex features a 1.3-inch AMOLED screen with an “always on display” function, GPS + GLONASS with 20-hour continuous working time and up to 20 days of battery life. The smartwatch features 14 sports modes, has 5ATM water resistant design, is equipped with BioTracker PPG optical sensor for all-day heart rate monitoring and provides rapid heart rate alerts.
Amazfit T-Rex specifications
- 1.3-inch (360 x 360 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Compatible with Android 5.0 devices or later, iOS 10.0 or later
- Optical heart rate monitor (PPG)
- Sensors: 3-Axis Acceleration Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
- Dust and Water Resistant up to 50 meters (5ATM),
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS+GLONASS
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- 14 Sports modes
- Dimensions: 47.7 X 47.7 X 13.5mm; Weight: 58g
- 390mAh battery with up to 20 days of battery life with normal use, 66 days in basic watch mode, 20 hours with continuous GPS use
The Amazfit T-Rex comes in Black, Ash, Camouflage, Green and Khakhi colors and was launched in China for 799 yuan ( US$ 111 / Rs. 8,460 approx.), so we can expect it around Rs. 10,000. The company is also planning to launch Startos 3 and Amazfit X in India in the coming weeks.