Update: April 29, 2020 – Redmi Note 9 press images have surfaced ahead of announcement tomorrow. This shows a punch-hole display, quad rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Earlier: Xiaomi has finally confirmed that Redmi Note 9 will be announced in an online event on April 30. The company should also introduce Redmi Note 9 Pro for the global market, hence it says Note 9 series in the invite. The Redmi Note 9 should be the Redmi 10X for China with the model number M2003J15SC. But it is not clear if this will be introduced in China first on April 27th along with the Mi 10 Lite 5G.
Xiaomi also says that it will launch several other products, so we can expect new Router and Mi TV Stick as rumoured earlier. Xiaomi is also said to be planning for Mi Note 10 Lite with Snapdragon 730G, 64MP penta rear cameras for the European market soon.
Redmi Note 9 (Redmi 10X) rumoured specifications
- 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2GHz MediaTek Helio G85 Octa Core processor
- 3GB / 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- 48MP rear cameras with Samsung GM1 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, PDAF, EIS, 0.8μm pixel size, LED flash, EIS, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens wtith f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.38×77.2×8.95mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh (typical) / 4920mAh (minimum) battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi Note 9 is expected to come in Sky Blue, Green and White colours. We should know the price of the smartphone when it goes official next Thursday.