Update: May 4, 2020 – Xiaomi has confirmed that Mi 10 will finally launch in India in an online event on May 8th and the phone will go on sale on Amazon.in. It was supposed to launch on March 31st.
Update: March 25, 2020 – Xiaomi has postponed the Mi 10 India launch event. Xiaomi today confirmed the launch of its flagship Mi 10 5G smartphone in India on March 31st in an online event and the phone will go on sale on Amazon.in. The phone was introduced in China last month and the company already confirmed the global launch of the phone on March 27th.
The company has also announced launch offers for the phone. You can pre-order the phone from March 31st 3PM till April 7th 11:59PM, and with Axis Bank Credit Cards and EMI you get Rs. 2,500 discount and Axis Bank Debit Cards and EMI get Rs. 2000 discount.
Xiaomi India head, Manu Kumar Jain recently said that the company is importing the phone, recent GST hike and depreciating rupee value it will be costly compared to the China price, which starts at 3999 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 42,385 approx.).
Mi fans, we’ve worked very hard to bring this #108MP flagship experience to India.
However, I want to add that we may have a different pricing model for this flagship due to (a) direct import (b) higher GST (c) depreciating ₹. Will keep everyone posted.#Xiaomi ❤️ #108MPIsHere https://t.co/HkMRftpyuz
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) March 18, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 10 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
We should know the price of the phone when it goes official later this month.