Airtel rolled out Voice over Wi-Fi services officially starting from Delhi NCR and started testing in Hyderabad, Chennai & Bangalore few days back. Today the company has launched it officially in Mumbai, Kolkata,Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Airtel Wi-Fi Calling leverages cutting edge technology to enhance the indoor voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers. The innovative service uses WiFi networks to create a dedicated channel for voice calls and allows customers to make telco grade calls to any network. This dramatically improves customer experience as one can seamlessly switch to Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling does not require any app and can be configured on the smartphone by following the steps mentioned below:
- Check smartphone compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling Compatible Handsets:
- iPhone XR, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro
- POCO F1, Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy M20, Samsung Galaxy J6, Samsung Galaxy On 6, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy A10s
Airtel said that it is working with all leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’. The service is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots, said the company.