ASUS just launched the ROG Phone II, as it had promised. This is the successor of the ROG Phone that was launched in India last year and packs a a 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 120Hz, 1ms response time display with DCIP3 gamut, is powered by Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC with 8GB of RAM. It has 3D vapor chamber that efficiently transfer heat away from the SoC and into the body while gaming and there are vents on the back. There is an optical under-display fingerprint scanner, compared to rear-mounted fingerprint sensor in the predecessor. It has a 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 13-megapixel 125° ultra-wide camera, and a 24-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone has dedicated ultrasonic AirTriggers with faster haptic response rate, vibration latency of 20ms, reduced by 68% from 63ms, and you no longer have to raise your fingers before tapping. It still has the 3.5mm audio jack and stereo front-facing speakers with DTS: X Ultra surround sound effect, and comes with quad noise-cancelling microphones. There are Dual high-end vibrating motors XYZ axis for surround feel. It has a huge 6,000mAh battery compared to 4,000mAh in the predecessor. The 30W HyperCharge fast charging that can charge up to 4,000mAh in just 58 minutes and two hours to fully charge the phone.
ASUS ROG Phone II specifications
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 108% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 3.0) storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, EIS
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual smart amplifier,3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Quad mics with noise-cancellation
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm; Weight: 240 g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone II comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 37,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version. It will be available for Flipkart starting from September 30th during Big Billion Days sale. There will also be a 12GB RAM with 512GB storage version at Rs. 59,999. This will come with 30W fast charger and AeroActive Cooler II in the box.
Price of accessories
- ASUS ROG 30W Charger — Rs. 1,999
- AeroActive Cooler II — Rs. 3999
- Professional Dock — Rs. 5499
- Lighting Armored case — Rs. 2,999
- Twin View Dock II — Rs. 19,999
- Mobile Desktop Dock — Rs. 12,999
- ROG Kunai Gamepad — Rs. 9,999
Commenting on the launch, ASUS Chairman, Jonney Shih, said:
ROG was created for those who dared to be different. It is devotion for those who thrive on the thrill of performance and the exciting journey to victory,” said ASUS Chairman. Today, we are thrilled to bring the greatest gaming phone ever— the ROG Phone II to India. It is worshipped by gamers and loved by tech gurus. Inspired by recognition from international media, influencers and consumers from around the world, we strive to push innovation further beyond its limitation.