ASUS just launched ROG Phone, the company’s first gaming smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 6-inch Full HD+ AMOLED HDR 90Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with DCIP3 gamut with Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR supported by dedicate hardware display chip, is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC that is clocked up to 2.96GHz with 8GB RAM. It has new GameCool system that improves thermals with a copper heat spreader and 3D vapor chamber that efficiently transfer heat away from the SoC and into the body.
It has dedicated ultrasonic buttons, two on the left edge and one more on the bottom right edge actuate with only 20 grams of force for both landscape and portrait modes. Each one can be customized to perform different functions, including executing macros that reliably reproduce game-specific gestures. The buttons can also be configured for non-gaming tasks, like instantly launching specific apps and activating functions like one-handed mode.
Under the hood, an advanced haptic engine generates nuanced vibrations for more detailed force feedback in games. It is WiGig-certified for 802.11ad 60GHz WiFi with both 2×2 MIMO and WiFi Direct. The side-mounted port also supports Gigabit Ethernet over Type-C, plus HDMI and USB.
It packs a 4,000mAh battery with 30W charging that can charge from 0 to 60% in just 33 minutes and get to 85% in just over an hour. The logo on the back glows in whichever color you choose with static, breathing, and strobing effects, or cycling through the spectrum. You can synchronize RGB illumination across up to five ROG Phones wirelessly to match the rest of your squad. The lighting also syncs with optional accessories that plug into the side-mounted connector.
Asus ROG Phone (ZS600KL) specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 90Hz, 1ms response time AMOLED display with 108.6% DCI-P3 color gamut, 550 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 10,000:1 contrast ratio,Gaming HDR and Mobile HDR
- 2.96GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ROG Gaming X mode UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with dual pixel sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1/2.55″ Sony IMX363 sensor, LED flash, 83° field of view, PDAF, 4-axis, 4 stops optical image stabilization, AI Scene Detection, secondary rear camera with 120° wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84° field of view
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual front-facing 5-magnet speakers with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier,Hi-Res audio, DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone, Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM Radio
- Splash-resistant (IPX4)
- Dimensions: 158.83×76.16x 8.65mm; Weight: 200g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with 10V 3A fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
The ASUS ROG Phone comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 69,999 and is available exclusively from Flipkart. It is offering 12 months no cost EMI, Flipkart complete mobile protection worth Rs. 5999 at Rs. 999, 4GB data per day and cashback worth Rs. 5400 for Jio users.
The Professional Dock costs Rs. 5,499, GameVice (Joy stick) is priced at Rs. 5,999, TwinView Dock is priced at Rs. 21,999, Desktop Dock costs at Rs. 12,999 and the ROG Phone Case is priced at Rs. 2499.
The TwinView Dock adds a secondary 6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display giving game developers more real estate to show maps, inventory, and other important information. It has enhanced cooling for the best performance, Dual speaker with Qualcomm smart amplifier, SD card slot and packs a 6,000mAh auxiliary battery.
The Gamevice for ROG Phone connects direct to the phone with no pairing, and features ultra-responsive real controls with zero latency. The Gamevice Live app on Google Play shows the games that works with the joystick.
The Mobile Desktop Dock lets you build a complete desktop around the ROG Phone, including hooking up a 4K monitor, Gigabit Ethernet, 5.1-channel speakers, and a stack of USB peripherals.
The SUS Professional Dock lets you connect your smartphone to a big-screen TV or monitor via the HDMI port for a cinematic gaming experience. It also has Gigabit Ethernet port for better connectivity and two USB ports that allow you to connect a mouse and keyboard for a more comfortable gaming experience. It comes with a 60cm-long connector cable.