HMD Global just announced Nokia 7.2, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone at the IFA 2019, as expected. It has a 6.3-inch FHD+ Waterdrop PureDisplay that uses Dedicated Pixelworks visual processor to upscale video content to HDR quality in real time, with up to a billion shades of colour, higher contrast and expanded dynamic range. It also comes with high brightness and local contrast enhancement, making it easy to view content even in brighter conditions. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 660 with up to 6GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), which is upgradable to Android 10.
The phone features a 48-megapixel rear camera with ZEISS Optics, Quad Pixel technology AI features such as Portrait mode with unique ZEISS bokeh styles – ZEISS Modern, ZEISS Swirl and ZEISS Smooth – that recreate the way legendary ZEISS lenses produce high visual impact and signature blur. AI powered Night mode with image fusion and exposure stacking can sense whether hand held or on a tripod, adjusting the number of exposures accordingly. There is an 8-megapixel 118-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5-megapixel depth sensor. There is also a 20-megapixel camera on the front with ZEISS Optics and Quad Pixel technology.
The phone is crafted from polymer composite that’s twice as strong as polycarbonate and half the weight of aluminium, and features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and the back. It features rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3500mAh battery.
Nokia 7.2 specifications
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR 10 PureDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 500nit brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 48MP Quad Pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.79 aperture, ZEISS optics, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor
- 20MP Quad Pixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Google Assistant button, Notification LED
- Dimensions: 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC
- 3500mAh battery
The Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice colors, starts at €299 (Rs.23,730 approx.) and will be available from September.