After rumors, Xiaomi today confirmed that it will announce the Mi 9 Pro 5G at an event in China on September 24th. It will also showcase the next-generation Mi MIX phone with 5G concept, which is rumored to come with a 108MP Samsung sensor, but the final phone might launch sometime later this year. The company is also expected to introduce MIUI 11 as well as new Mi TV models at the event.
Xiaomi already confirmed that Mi 9 Pro 5G will support four types of charging: wired fast charging, 30W wireless flash charging, wired OTG reverse charging and wireless reverse charging. When your phone is using wired fast charging, you can also use its wireless reverse charging functionality to charge other phones or earphones that support wireless charging; or supply power to other devices through wired OTG while it is using wireless flash charging.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G rumored specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.96GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.21×74.64×8.95mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 45W fast charging, 30W wireless fast charging
We should know all the details when the phones go official next Tuesday.