HUAWEI is all set to introduce the Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro smartphones at an event in Germany on September 19th. Today press image of the phones have surfaced, revealing the design, thanks to @evleaks. This reveals quad rear cameras with LEICA VARIO-SUMMILUX-H 1:1.6-2.4/18-80 ASPH lens for the phones. However, there are three cameras on the front for the Mate 30 Pro inside the notch, and the Mate 30 has a smaller notch since it has dual cameras on the front. These phones are expected to retain 3D face unlock and in-display fingerprint sensor from the Mate 20 series.
Another teaser reveals a curved screen for the Mate 30 Pro.
These will be powered by Kirin 990 SoC that was introduced at the IFA recently, and there will also be 5G version. The Mate 30 Pro is expected to come with 4500mAh battery with HUAWEI SuperCharge fast charging.
The PORSCHE DESIGN Mate 30 Pro luxury smartphone shows racing stripe motifs with all-natural leather and a matching theme, while the specifications will likely be similar.
There will also be the Mate 30 Lite with a punch-hole screen, quad rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. This will likely be the global version of the Nova 5i Pro that was introduced in China back in July.
HUAWEI Mate 30 Lite rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (2340×1080 pixels) Full HD+ IPS display, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 810 7nm (2x 2.27GHz Cortex-A76 +6 x 1.88GHz Cortex-A55) processor with ARM Mali-G52 MP6 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB RAM with 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP f/1.75 aperture camera for macro, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for depth sensing
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.1×73.9×8.3; Weight: 178g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (mAh) battery with 20W fast charging
We should know more details about the phones before the announcement on Thursday.