HMD Global just announced Nokia 6.2, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone at the IFA 2019, as expected. It has a 6.3-inch FHD+ Waterdrop PureDisplay that uses Dedicated Pixelworks visual processor to upscale video content to HDR quality in real time, with up to a billion shades of colour, higher contrast and expanded dynamic range, same as the Nokia 7.2, but this is powered by Snapdragon 636 with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), which is upgradable to Android 10.
The phone features a 16-megapixel rear camera with Night mode with image fusion and exposure stacking – for increased low light performance. Portrait mode brings AI features like: adjustable bokeh with various bokeh styles such as Classic, Heart and Star for a professional-looking background blur. There is an 8-megapixel 118-degree ultra-wide lens and a 5-megapixel depth sensor, similar to the Nokia 7.2. There is also a 8-megapixel camera on the front.
The phone is crafted from polymer composite that’s twice as strong as polycarbonate and half the weight of aluminium, and features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and the back. It features rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3500mAh battery.
Nokia 6.2 specifications
- 6.39-inch ( 1080 × 2340 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR 10 PureDisplay with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 500nit brightness, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage / 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, ZEISS optics
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Google Assistant button, Notification LED
- Dimensions: 159.88 x 75.11 x 8.25mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C 2.0, NFC (excluding Latin America, USA and India)
- 3500mAh battery
The Nokia 6.2 comes in Ceramic Black and Ice colors, is priced at €199 (US$ 219 / Rs. 15,790 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage model and €249 (US$ 274 / Rs. 19,750 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage model, and will be available from October.