Samsung has announced its latest Exynos 9825 SoC in the Exynos 9 Series, successor of the Exynos 9820 that was introduced last year. This uses industry’s first 7nm EUV (extreme ultra violet) lithography processing technology for better power efficiency compared to 8nm LPP (Low Power Plus) FinFET process that is used in Exynos 9820 SoC. The company is yet to reveal how efficient it will be compared to the previous generation.
Other features are similar to Exynos 9820, including tri-cluster architecture that uses two custom Exynos M4 cores for ultimate processing power, two Cortex-A75 cores for optimal performance, and four Cortex-A55 cores for greater efficiency and an integrated Neural Processing Unit (NPU).
This has the same Mali-G76 MP12 GPU, but this runs at faster clock speeds, compared to previous generations offering powerful graphics performance for immersive gaming, said the company. It comes with integrated 4G LTE-Advanced Pro modem and 8x Carrier Aggregation offering up to 2Gbps download speeds and can be paired with the Exynos Modem 5100, which features support for 5G NR. It uses physically unclonable function (PUF) to store and manage your personal data in perfect isolation.
Highlights of Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9825 SoC
- Based on the 7-nanometer (nm) EUV process technology
- Octa-Core CPU with 2 x custom Exynos M4 CPUs for ultimate processing power, 2 x ARM A75 CPUs for optimal performance and 4x ARM A55 CPUs optimized for efficiency
- ARM Mali-G76 MP12
- Integrated NPU
- UFS 3.0, UFS 2.1, LPDDR4x Memory
- Rear Camera 22MP, Front 22MP, Dual Camera 16+16MP
- 8K 30fps or 4K UHD 150fps encoding and decoding with 10-bit HEVC (H.265), H.264, VP9
- Display Up to WQUXGA (3840×2400), 4K UHD (4096×2160) and HDR10+ support
- LTE-Advanced Pro Cat.20 has support for up to 8x carrier aggregation (CA) for maximum download speed of up to 2Gbps (Cat.20) and 316 megabits per second (Mbps) uplink.
- Advanced image signal processor (ISP) supports up to five sensors, including an IR sensor, to enable flexible multi-camera solutions.
- NPU will enable a variety of new experiences such as instantly adjusting camera settings for a shot based on the surroundings or recognizing objects to provide information in augmented or virtual reality (AR or VR) settings.
- GPU features wider execution engines with double the number of lanes when compared to its predecessor, resulting in better performance and efficiency for complex graphics.
- Multi-format codec (MFC) supports up to 8K Ultra HD video encoding and decoding with diverse codecs including 10-bit HEVC (H.265) that can generate 1,024 different tones for each primary color.
The Exynos 9 Series 9825 is already in mass production and will power the Galaxy Note10 series that will go official later today.