Samsung has announced the Galaxy Tab S6, successor of last year’s Galaxy Tab S4, as it had promised. It has a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED WQXGA screen, is powered by a Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 SoC and runs on Android 9.0 (Pie). It has quad-stereo speakers tuned by AKG by HARMAN, similar to the predecessor and has got rid of the Iris scanner in favor of in-display fingerprint scanner. The Galaxy Tab S6 has an 8-megapixel primary camera along with a 5-megapixel 123-degree Ultra Wide camera and an 8-megapixel front camera. It has a 5.7mm slim metal body.
The tablet comes with an enhanced S Pen that comes with remote control functionality and wireless charging capabilities with built-in BLE remote control features for S Pen Air actions to take selfies and videos, or control the multimedia content. It has a built-in 0.35mAh battery with wireless charging when you stick it to the back of the tablet that promises up to 10 hours of battery life with ten minutes of charging.
A new-and-improved version of Samsung DeX lets you seamlessly transition to a PC-like experience. The new dedicated Book Cover Keyboard offers better functionality, including an S Pen holder, free angle stand, touch pad and new function keys, and lets you launch and close DeX with the tap of a key.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 specifications
- 10.5-inch (2560×1600 pixel) WQXGA Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage / 8GB RAM with 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with One UI 1.5
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP 123-degree ultra-wide secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Optical In-display fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- 4 speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- S Pen with Bluetooth, 0.35mAh battery
- Dimensions: 244.5 x 159.5 ×5.7mm; Weight: 420g
- 4G LTE (optional), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, USB Type-C, POGO pin
- 7,040mAh battery with Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 comes in Mountain Gray, Cloud Blue and Rose Blush colors, is priced at 699 Euros (US$ 772 / Rs. 53,465 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage WiFi version, 779 Euros (US$ 860 / Rs. 59,560 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage WiFi / 6GB RAM with 128GB LTE version, and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage LTE version costs 859 Euros (US$ 949 / Rs. 65,700 approx.). It will be available from late August in select markets.