Vivo just announced Z5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China as it had promised. It has a 6.38-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 90% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 712 with up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.1, features a 48-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. There is a 32-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a gradient back, comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery with 22.5w fast charging that can charge to 50% in 30 minutes.
Vivo Z5 specifications
- 6.38-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 aspect ratio Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, 103% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage and 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Dual SIM
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensing camera with f/2.4 aperture for portrait shots
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 159.53×75.23×8.13mm; Weight: 187g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4420mAh (minimum) battery with 22.5w fast charging
The Vivo Z5 comes in Black, Blue and Aurora Blue colors, is priced at 1598 yuan (US$ 232 / Rs. 15,975 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1898 yuan (US$ 275 / Rs. 18,975 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, 1998 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 19,970 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 256GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 2298 yuan (US$ 333 / Rs. 22,970 approx.). It will be available for order in China from August 1st and goes on sale from August 6th.