HMD Global just launched its flagship Nokia 9 PureView smartphone with 12MP penta rear cameras in India, after teasing it recently. The penta rear camera arrangement features two RGB and three monochrome lenses to collect up to 10-times the amount of light than a single colour sensor, with ZEISS Optics.
Developed in cooperation with multi-sensor camera company Light, it captures HDR shots using five cameras simultaneously with up to 12.4 stops of dynamic range and a full scene 12MP depth map and fuse it together into one 12MP photo with outstanding dynamic range and depth of field to refocus later. It is capable of shooting 60-megapixel images in burst mode and can process up to 240 megapixels of data. It also features the ability to capture images in uncompressed RAW “DNG” format and edit them directly on the phone with Adobe Lightroom and Native black-and-white photography. The phone also has a 20-megapixel front camera.
It has a 5.99-inch Quad HD pOLED display with HDR10 support, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with 6GB of RAM, has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back, comes with in-display fingerprint scanner, has a water-resistant body with IP67 ratings and packs a 3320mAh battery with support for fast charging and Qi wireless charging.
Nokia 9 PureView specifications
- 5.99-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD pOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP penta (2 x RBG, 3 x mono) rear cameras with f/1.82 aperture, LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Single speaker with smart amp, 3 x mics with spatial recording
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8 mm; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3320mAh battery with fast charging, Wireless Charging
The Nokia 9 PureView comes in Midnight Blue color, is priced at Rs. 49,999 and will be available from Nokia.com/phones and on Flipkart starting today, July 10th; and from 17th July 2019 across top mobile retail outlets in India. Check out the hands-on impressions from the MWC here.
- Exclusive premium concierge experience for the first 30 days through Nokia Mobile Care. This includes exclusive support desk with access to a top-tier customer support team and access to master trainers for expert tips and tricks that help you get the most out of the phone.
- 10% cashback for HDFC Bank Credit cards and Debit cards on both EMI and regular transactions done through Pinelabs terminals in offline stores, 10% cashback on HDFC consumer durable loans available at retail outlets from date of launch till 31st August 2019.
- Gift card of Rs. 5,000 and Nokia 705 True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds worth Rs. 9,999 free as a limited period offer.
Commenting on the launch, Ajey Mehta, Vice President and Country Head – India, HMD Global, said:
I know that our partners and fans across the country have been waiting enthusiastically for the Nokia 9 PureView to come to India and be able to shoot like a pro while enjoying the convenience of lossless, professional editing directly on the smartphone. I’m so glad that the smartphone is now here and with it, we are bringing an exclusive premium concierge experience for our Nokia 9 PureView consumers for the first 30 days from the date of purchase. Additionally, there are exciting offers along with our alliance partners that will provide immense value to our fans in India. Calling out photography fanatics, photo enthusiasts as well as the photography newbies to come and experience the convenience and fun of photography with Nokia 9 PureView.