HMD Global has finally confirmed that it will launch its flagship Nokia 9 PureView with 12MP penta rear cameras in India soon, which could be sometime later this month. The penta rear camera arrangement features two RGB and three monochrome lenses to collect up to 10-times the amount of light than a single colour sensor, with ZEISS Optics.
Developed in cooperation with multi-sensor camera company Light, it captures HDR shots using five cameras simultaneously with up to 12.4 stops of dynamic range and a full scene 12MP depth map and fuse it together into one 12MP photo with outstanding dynamic range and depth of field to refocus later. It is capable of shooting 60-megapixel images in burst mode and can process up to 240 megapixels of data.
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) July 4, 2019
It also features the ability to capture images in uncompressed RAW “DNG” format and edit them directly on the phone with Adobe Lightroom and Native black-and-white photography. The phone also has a 20-megapixel front camera.
It has a 5.99-inch Quad HD pOLED display with HDR10 support, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with 6GB of RAM, has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back, comes with in-display fingerprint scanner, has a water-resistant body with IP67 ratings and packs a 3320mAh battery with support for fast charging and Qi wireless charging.
Nokia 9 PureView specifications
- 5.99-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD pOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP penta (2 x RBG, 3 x mono) rear cameras with f/1.82 aperture, LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Water-resistant (IP67)
- Single speaker with smart amp, 3 x mics with spatial recording
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8 mm; Weight: 172g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3320mAh battery with fast charging, Wireless Charging
The Nokia 9 PureView comes in Midnight Blue color. We should know the price when it is launched in the coming weeks. Check out the hands-on impressions from the MWC here.