Qualcomm today introduced 215 Mobile Platform,the company’s latest quad-core 64-bit Mobile Platform for entry-level smartphones. This is the successor of Snapdragon 212 that was introduced back in 2015, so it has huge upgrade that includes ARM Cortex-A53 cores, for 50% improved CPU performance compared to A7, 64-bit architecture, Qualcomm Hexagon DSP, Qualcomm Adreno 308 GPU for up to 28% increased gaming performance, Qualcomm Quick Charge technology, dual ISPs with support for dual cameras and HD+ resolution screen.
It supports Qualcomm Snapdragon X5 modem with LTE Cat 4 with Carrier Aggregation for up to 150Mbps speeds, support for EVS Voice calls (“Ultra HD Voice Calls”) and Dual Sim with Dual Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE).
Features of Qualcomm 215 Mobile Platform
- Up to 1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A53 64-bit CPU
- 28nm LP Process Technology
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 1080p video playback with H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VP8
- Display up to HD+ (1560×720) resolution
- LPDDR3 memory, eMMC 4.5 SD 3.0 (UHS-I) storage
- LTE Category 4 (up to 150 Mbps), WCDMA (DC-HSDPA, HSUPA), TD-SCDMA, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- Dual SIM Dual VoLTE (DSDV), Next-generation Calling Services: VoLTE, Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) with LTE call continuity, HD and Ultra HD Voice (EVS)
- Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 8 MP, Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 13 MP, Single Camera: Up to 13 MP, Video Capture (30 FPS): 1080p video capture
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 + BLE, NFC and Beidou, GPS, GLONASS
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0
Qualcomm 215 is expected to be seen in commercial devices in second half 2019.