Samsung introduced its new One UI for Galaxy smartphones last year as part of Samsung firmware updates to Android 9 Pie. It was included in the Galaxy smartphones launched in 2019 i.e., Galaxy S10 series and Galaxy A(2019)series. Now, Samsung has started rolling out One UI for its smartwatch lineup which includes Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and Gear Sport.
Samsung introduced the new One UI with the Galaxy Watch Active earlier this year and now, an update is being rolled out to other smartwatches in the Samsung Galaxy lineup. The new firmware update brings One UI to Galaxy Watch, Gear S3, and Gear Sport and also adds other new features to the watches.
The latest software update carries the firmware R800XXU1CSE1, R760XXU2ESE3, R600XXU1CSE2 and weighs 105.15 MB in size. This update brings the new One UI, new watch faces that were seen on Galaxy Watch Active, improved workout and sleep tracking, workout profile for outdoor swimming, etc. A new ‘Daily Activity’ feature has also been added which shows the user’s daily activity.
Apart from this, the Settings menu has got a facelift too. The Settings menu have been updated with easy discovery options and users can now wake up the watch by just touching the display. The quick panel now supports additional pages to allow quick access to settings control and this update also promises battery optimization and adds settings to manage background apps.
One UI for Watch
- Check the information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics(motion, interface) delivers refreshed look
- You can now download new designs of watch faces
- Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control
- Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for the watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen
- Daily Activity feature added which shows the user’s daily activity
(Move, Workout, Hourly Activity)
- Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch also begins to track workout quicker
- Outdoor swim has been added to tracking
- Setting to manage background apps have been added