Xiaomi has reported its earning for the fourth quarter (Q4 2018) and the whole financial year of 2018 that ended December 31, 2018. It reported revenue of 174.9 billion yuan (US$ 26.05 billion) for FY 2018, an increase of 52.6% compared to FY 2017, among which international revenue grew 118.1% year-on-year to 70.0 billion yuan, accounting for 40% of its total revenue. Net profit for year 2018 was approximately 13.478 billion yuan. Adjusted net profit (Non-IFRS Measure) was 8.6 billion yuan, up 59.5% YoY.
Smartphones segment posted 113.8 billion yuan (US$ 16.95 billion) revenue for 2018 up 41.3% year over year, mainly driven by notable grown in both smartphone sales volume, and the average selling price (ASP). Smartphone shipments reached 118.7 million units, up 29.8% over the previous year.
- Revenue from the IoT and lifestyle products segment surged 86.9% on a year-over-year basis to 43.8 billion yuan
- Global cumulative shipments of its smart TVs were 8.4 million units, up 225.5%
- In addition to smart TVs and laptops, Xiaomi achieved outstanding sales performances across multiple product categories such as Mi Band, Mi Electric Scooter and Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner.
- Revenue from the internet services segment grew 61.2% YoY to 16.0 billion yuan
- Advertising revenue grew by 79.9% YoY to 10.1 billion yuan
- MAU of MIUI increased 41.7% to 242.1 million in December 2018
- Xiaomi’s smartphone ASP in Mainland China increased by 17.0% YoY, smartphone ASP in international markets also increased by 9.7% YoY
- Xiaomi’s IoT platform reached approximately 150.9 million units, a QoQ increase of 14.7% and a YoY increase of 193.2%.
- Xiaomi’s AI assistant had more than 38.8 million monthly active users (MAU), as of December 2018