Update – March 11, 2019: After rumors, Redmi President Lu Weibing has confirmed that Redmi 7 will be introduced on March 18 along with the Redmi Note 7 Pro. He has also posted an image of the phone in Blue and Black with Orange gradient colors, AI dual rear cameras and a Dot Notch.
Update- March 7, 2019: Now the smartphone has surfaced in live images and video in Vietnam. Source has removed the video, but many have re uploaded it. This confirms Snapdragon 632 SoC, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and micro USB port. Other specifications were already revealed through certification.
Earlier: After the Redmi Note 7 launch last month, Xiaomi recently confirmed that it will launch the Redmi Note 7 Pro in China on March 18th. Now the Redmi 7 with the model number M1810F6LE has been certified by TENAA. This reveals a large 6.26-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio screen with waterdrop notch, compared to the 18:9 screen on the Redmi 6. This is powered by an Octa-Core processor clocked at 1.8GHz, which could be Snapdragon 636 or 632.
It reveals Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top, gradient back, rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary camera, and a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 158.65×76.43×8.47mm; Weight: 180g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 is expected to come in Black, Red, Blue, Pink and more colors. We should know the price when the phone goes official later this month.