After releasing Android 9.0 (Pie) beta update for the 2.1 and Nokia 6 last week, HMD Global has released Pie update for its Nokia 3.1, which comes after a month of delay even though it had promised it in January. The phone was released back in October last year running Android 8.1 (Oreo).
— Poppin Prabhu (@POPPINPRABHU007) February 26, 2019
Android P includes Adaptive Battery that uses machine learning to prioritize system resources for the apps, App Actions that helps you raise the visibility of your app and help drive engagement using machine learning, and Slices are a new way to surface rich, templated content in places like Google Search and Assistant.
The Nokia 3.1 v2.2.30 update also includes Android security patch for January, 2019. We can expect Android Pie update for other older Nokia smartphones in the coming weeks.
- New system navigation, settings menu and notifications
- Adaptive Battery power prioritisation for users’ most commonly used apps/services
- Adaptive and optimised brightness levels
- Predictive Application Actions
- Google Security Patch 2019-02