Along with the announcement of Mi MIX 3 5G , Xiaomi also introduced its flagship Mi 9 smartphone for the global markets at its MWC 2019 event. It was introduced in China earlier this week, and packs a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and 90.7% screen to body ratio, is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 on top.
It has a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 sensor with Laser Autofocus, Phase Detection Auto focus (PDAF) and Contrast Detection Autofocus (CAF), closed-loop Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for improved auto-focusing, 12-megapixel Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto camera for 2x lossless zoom and a 16-megapixel Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens.
The phone features optical in-display fingerprint sensor, uses nano-level laser engraving holographic technology and dual layer nano coating that offers unique colors when light is reflected and also has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It packs a 3300mAh battery and has support for 27W fast charging as well as world’s first 20W wireless fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness, >60000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, Laser Autofocus, PDAF, CAF, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom, 16MP 1/1.3″ Sony IMX481 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 4cm macro
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.5×74.67×7.61mm; Weight: 173g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with 27W fast charging, 20W wireless fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes in Ocean Blue, Lavender Violet and Piano Black colors, is priced at 449 Euros (US$ 509 / Rs. 36,170 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 499 Euros (US$ 565 / Rs. 40,200 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version. It is available for pre-order from today in Spain, Italy and France today and will go on in several countries across Europe starting from February 28th. The company did not reveal any details if it is coming to India or any other Asian market.