Xiaomi just announced Mi MIX 3 5G, the company’s first 5G smartphone, as it had promised at the Mi MIX 3 event back in October. It has the same 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED 93.4% screen-to-body ratio display, but this comes with Snapdragon 855 7nm SoC with Qualcomm X50 5G modem. It has a ceramic back, hybrid cooling, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a larger 3800mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ fast charging as well as 10W wireless charging.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel auto focus and a secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor for AI portraits, has AI scene recognition and loss-less zoom. It has a 24-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX576 sensor, 4-in-1 Super Pixel and secondary 2-megapixel DOF sensor as well as selfie flash.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G specifications
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, Sony IMX576 sensor, secondary 2MP DOF camera, OV02A10 sensor, customized high CRI selfie light
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
- 5G Sub6, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G comes in Onyx Black and Sapphire Blue colors, starts at 599 Euros (US$ 679 / Rs. 48,260 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and will roll out in May through Mi.com, Authorized Mi Stores and retail channels. Xiaomi has partnered with several operators in Europe including 3, Orange, Sunrise, Telefonica, TIM and Vodafone.