Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Note 6 Pro, successor of the Redmi Note Note 5 Pro in India, as it had promised. The major change is the 6.26-inch Full HD+ screen with a notch, 19:9 aspect ratio and dual front cameras, in addition to dual rear cameras, and the primary 12-megapixel camera now has f/1.9 aperture and 1.4μm pixel size for better low-light images. Both these have AI features including AI portrait and AI scene recognition. The rear camera can recognize scenes in 32 categories, including 5 which are India specific, and the front camera can detect 12 categories.
There is also new adjustable bokeh, studio lighting with 6 effects that use AI semantic segmentation and also comes with light trails that comes with 6 dynamic bokeh effects. It has a 20-megapixel front camera with 4-in-1 Super Pixel technology, 2-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and has AI face unlock. Other specifications are almost same as the Redmi Note 5 Pro, including Snapdragon 636 with up to 6GB of RAM, Dual 4G VoLTE, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and a 4000mAh battery. However this comes with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, even though it comes bundled with 5V/2A charger.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Dual PD focus, EIS, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.38 x8.2mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes in Black, Blue, Rose Gold and Red colors, is priced at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999.
It comes with a protective case in the box, Rs. 2400 instant cashback in the form of vouchers and up to 6TB Jio 4G data. It will go on sale starting from tomorrow on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. For the Black Friday sale tomorrow, November 23rd at 12 noon across these platforms, the phone will be available for Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB RAM version and Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB RAM version. HDFC Bank credit/debit card users gets Rs. 500 off tomorrow. Check out the Redmi Note 6 Pro review, if you are planning to get the phone.