Samsung just launched the Galaxy A9 2018 (SM-A920F) the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘Galaxy A’ series in India, as it had promised. It was announced last month at an even in Malaysia, packs a 6.3-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 660 with up to 8GB of RAM, has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and packs a 3,800mAh battery with support for fast charging.
The rear camera arrangement includes a main 24-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture, 10-megapixel Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 2x optical zoom, 8-megapixel 120° Ultra Wide Lens for wide-angle photos and the fourth 5-megapixel camera to capture depth information for portrait shots. It also has a 24-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) specifications
- 6.3-inch (1080×2220 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128 GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM ( nano + nano + microSD)
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 10MP wide-angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8MP 120° Ultra Wide camera with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension:162.5 x 77 x 7.8 mm; Weight: 183g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC (Optional)
- 3800mAh battery with adaptive fast charging
It comes in Caviar Black, Lemonade Blue and Bubblegum Pink colors is priced at Rs. 36,990 for the 6GB RAM version and the 8GB RAM version costs Rs. 39,990. It will be available for pre-booking from online retailers Flipkart, Amazon.in, Samsung Online Shop and Airtel Online Store starting today, and will go on sale from November 28th. HDFC Debit and Credit card users get Rs. 3000 cashback on orders. Airtel Online Store can users can get the phone at a down payment of Rs. 3,690 and EMI of Rs. 2,349 for the 6GB variant and a down payment of Rs. 4,890 and EMI of INR 2,449 for 8GB variant.