Update – October 9, 2018: Nokia Mobile has shared a new teaser for the smartphone that is going to launch on Thursday, along with #MegaLife and #GoBigGetBetter. This shows the back of the phone, which is similar to the Nokia 7.1 which was introduced last week.
— Nokia Mobile India (@NokiamobileIN) October 9, 2018
Earlier: HMD Global has scheduled an event in India on October 11th. The invite just says that it is an important announcement before the festive season without giving an hint of what to expect.
The company could introduce the rumored Nokia 7.1 Plus that is expected to go official in China soon as X7. The phone that got certified in China revealed a similar design as the Nokia 7.1 with dual rear cameras, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and more.
Nokia 7.1 Plus (X7) rumored specifications
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, 13MP secondary rear camera
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.8×75.76×7.97mm; Weight: 185g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3400mAh battery with fast charging
This will likely be launched exclusively on Flipkart or Amazon.in. We should know more details in the coming days