Xiaomi launched the Mi A2, its second-generation Android One smartphone in India last month. Today the company has announced that the phone is now available via open sale through mi.com and Amazon.in in a month. Xiaomi’s sub-brand POCO started selling the F1 smartphone in India starting today.
Mi Fans! It’s easy to #UpgradeToA2 now. Mi A2 is on open sale on @amazonIN and https://t.co/D3b3Qt4Ujl. Capture #PicturePerfectPhotos in any lighting conditions with the 12MP + 20MP AI dual camera and 20MP AI selfie camera on Mi A2. pic.twitter.com/mRUBkzbKPH
— Mi India (@XiaomiIndia) September 14, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, EIS, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Lake Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black colors and starts at Rs. 16,999. The company at the launch said that 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version will be available soon, but it has not revealed the release date yet. Check out the review of Mi A2 here.