Along with the F9 Pro, OPPO introduced the F9, a cheaper version in the ‘F series’ in India last month, and it was introduced in China as A7x earlier this week. Today the company has launched the phone in India. It has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with Waterdrop Screen with screen-to-body ratio up to 90.8% for a more immersive experience, is powered by Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor, packs a 16MP rear camera with LED flash, and secondary 2MP camera, similar to the F9 Pro, but this features a 16-megapixel front camera, packs 4GB of RAM and doesn’t have VOOC Flash charge even though it packs the same 3500mAh battery.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots and a Fingerprint sensor on the back, which looks similar to OPPO F7’s Diamond patterns.
OPPO F9 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.0 x 7.99mm; Weight: 169g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3415mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO F9 comes in Mist Black and Stellar Purple colors, is priced at Rs. 19,990 and will go on sale in India from September 15 online exclusively on Flipkart as well as offline stores.
Commenting on the launch, Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India, said:
It always gives us great joy to bring something new and innovative to our consumers and to achieve the same we pay great attention towards understanding what the expectations from a smartphone are. With OPPO F9, we aim to cater to a more varied set of consumers. It has been designed with innovative technology and features to ensure our consumers have a seamless and exceptional smartphone experience. Like other products in the F series, the OPPO F9 truly represents our ambition to continue being the Selfie Expert in the market.