Along with the F9 Pro, OPPO also introduced the F9, a cheaper version in the ‘F series’ in India. It has a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with Waterdrop Screen with screen-to-body ratio up to 90.8% for a more immersive experience, is powered by Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor, has 16MP rear camera with LED flash, and secondary 2MP camera, similar to the F9 Pro, but this features a 16-megapixel front camera, packs 4GB of RAM and doesn’t have VOOC Flash charge even though it packs the same 3500mAh battery.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots and a Fingerprint sensor on the back, which looks similar to OPPO F7’s Diamond patterns.
OPPO F9 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio P60 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.85 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3500mAh (typical) / 3415mAh (minimum) battery
The OPPO F9 comes in Black and Purple colors, is priced at Rs. 19,990 and will go on sale in India soon.