Update – August 17 – Flipkart has started teasing the smartphone with #AsFastAsYou and hints that Badminton player P.V. Sindhu as the brand ambassador.
— POCO India (@IndiaPOCO) August 18, 2018
— Flipkart (@Flipkart) August 17, 2018
Earlier: Last week Xiaomi teased its POCO sub-brand in India and also said that it will be POCOPHONE globally. Today the company has confirmed that the smartphone will launch in India on August 22nd at an event in Delhi. The invite has the tagline ‘Master of Speed’. The company already confirmed the phone will be powered by Snapdragon SoC, which will likely be the Snapdragon 845.
— POCOPHONE Global (@GlobalPocophone) August 11, 2018
Unboxing video of the POCO F1 confirmed the specifications of the smartphone that includes a 5.99-inch display with 19:9 aspect ratio and a notch, Snapdragon 845 SoC with support for liquid cooling ,6GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, dual rear cameras, 20MP front camera along with IR face unlock, fingerprint sensor on the back and a 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging along with QC 3.0 charger in the box.
Xiaomi POCO F1 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memorywith microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, 1.4μm pixel size, secondary 5MP camera
- 20MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
We should know the price of the smartphone when it is launched next Wednesday. The global launch of the smartphone as POCOPHONE F1 is also expected sometime later this month.