After confirming all the details about the R17 and taking pre-orders last week, OPPO recently confirmed that it will be introduced at an event in Shanghai on August 23rd, now the company has unveiled the price of the smartphone and said that the OPPO R17 Pro with a f/1.5/2.4 variable aperture camera, OIS, triple rear cameras will be introduced on that date.
We already know that it will come with a 6.4-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 91.5% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 SoC and an in-display fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.41 seconds.
It features a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 5-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and AI scene recognition, 25-megapixel AI front camera, comes with a a gradient glass back, metal frame and a 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge fast charging.
OPPO R17 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 91.5% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 ( 2 x 2GHz Kryo 360 (performance) + 6 x 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency)) 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 5MP secondary rear camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.5×74.9×7.5mm; Weight: 182g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with (5V/4A) VOOC Flash charge
The OPPO R17 will come in Twilight Blue and Starry Purple colors with gradient finish and is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 509 / Rs. 35,600 approx.). It is already available for pre-order from official OPPO website, jd.com, Lynx and Suning and will go on sale in China from August 30th.
[Update – August 23: OPPO at an event announced the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version of the smartphone at 3199 yuan (US$ 465 / Rs. 32,620 approx.)]