After confirming all the details about the R17, OPPO has confirmed that it will introduce the smartphone at an event in Shanghai on August 23rd. It will come with a 6.4-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 91.5% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC, which will likely be the recently-announced Snapdragon 670.
It will come with an in-display fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.41 seconds, 25-megapixel AI front camera and a 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge fast charging.
OPPO R17 specifications
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 670 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 615 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary rear camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor / rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with VOOC Flash charge
The OPPO R17 will come in Twilight Blue and Starry Purple colors with gradient finish and will be available for order from August 18. We should know the price when it is announced officially next Thursday.