Qualcomm just introduced Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform, the company’s latest SoC in the new 600 series and the successor of last year’s Snapdragon 660 SoC that is now seen in several mid-range smartphones, including the Xiaomi Mi A2 that was launched in India today. It is built on power-efficient 10nm process technology based on new Kryo 360 architecture, built on ARM Cortex technology, same as the 710.
This uses 3rd generation AI Engine, promising up to 1.8x AI performance improvements in AI applications, up to a 15% improved CPU performance and up to 25% faster graphics performance with new Adreno 615 GPU, compared to the Snapdragon 660.
It comes with new 14-bit Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP for improved low light photography, noise reduction, fast autofocus, image stabilization and more. It also supports Ultra HD Video Capture, a feature that uses up to 30 percent
less power than its predecessor.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform specifications
- Octa-Core – Dual 2GHz Kryo 360 (performance) + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 (efficiency) CPUs
- 10nm process technology
- Up to 16GB memory, 2×16 LPDDR4x 1866MHz, eMMC, UFS 2.1 hear 3 1-lane, SD 3.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C & USB 2.0
- Qualcomm Adreno 615 GPU
- Qualcomm Spectra 250 ISP – Up to 25 MP single camera, 16MP dual camera, Zero Shutter Lag, Hybrid Autofocus, igh quality video capture with Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF), Accelerated Electronic Image Stabilization
- Supports up to FHD+ displays, Up to 4K external display support
- Cat 12/13 speeds of up to 600 Mbps down/150 Mbps up via 3x20MHz downlink, 2X20MHz uplink
- Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP, Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Up to 4K Ultra HD playback @ 30 FPS, Up to 4K UltraHD capture @ 30 FPS, Up to 1080p video capture @ 120 FPS, H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), VP9, VP8
- Dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO 2×2, GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, and SBAS and Bluetooth 5
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology
The Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform is currently available for OEMs and it expected in mobile devices in third quarter (Q3) of 2018. The upcoming OPPO R17 is expected to be the first smartphone powered by this SoC.