OPPO just announced R17 Pro, as it had promised. It has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display with a notch, 91.5% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection an in-display fingerprint sensor that can unlock the phone in 0.41 seconds. runs ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) and has a 25-megapixel AI front camera, similar to the R17, but this is powered by Snapdragon 710 SoC with 8GB RAM.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.5 and f/2.4 variable aperture that intelligently switches depending on the light and also has OIS. There is also a secondary 20-megapixel camera to capture depth information in portrait shots and zoom. It also has a Time of Flight (TOF) 3D Sensing camera that can get high-precision 3D depth information through nanosecond infrared light measurement. You can use it to take 3D photos and can also connect it to your TV and turn it into a home game console.
It has a new fog gradient that uses 3D fog glass and a new condensing grading process to make the colors blend on the back of the phone and flow with the light and shadow. It has a 3700mAh (2 x 1850mAh) battery with SuperVOOC Flash Charge technology that was introduced with the Find X Lamborghini Edition. This can charge the phone from 0 to 40% in just 10 minutes. This uses a powerful 10V / 5A (50W) SuperVOOC charger.
OPPO R17 Pro specifications
- 6.4-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal memory
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.5/2.4 variable aperture, OIS, 20MP secondary rear camera with f/2.6 aperture, TOF 3D camera
- 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, AI, Sony IMX576 sensor, 3D Portrait
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157.6×74.6×7.9mm; Weight: 183g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1 Type-C, NFC
- 3700mAh battery with (10V/5A) SuperVOOC fast charging
The OPPO R17 Pro comes in Fog gradient color, is priced at 4299 yuan (US$ 509 / Rs. 43,830 approx.) and will be available in China from mid-October.