LG has announced new Q8, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘Q series’ soon after the introduction of Q7. It has the same 6.2-inch FHD+ FullVision Display, is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 450 SoC with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), has a 16-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera. It also comes with built-in stylus with pop-memo, GIF editing and more.
It has military grade durability with MIL-STD 810G and is also IP68-certified for water and dust resistance. It also has Portrait mode, QLens, Hi-Fi quality audio, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, and comes with Hi-Fi Quad DAC. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back, and a 3300mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
LG Q8 (2018) specifications
- 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision 389ppi Display
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP (100-degree Super Wide Angle) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround, Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Fingerprint sensor, Built-in stylus
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 160.1 x77.7 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0
- 3,300mAh built-in battery Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 with fast charging
The new LG Q8 comes in Aurora Black and Moroccan Blue colors, is priced at 539,000 won (US$ 470 / ₹ 32,869 approx.) and will go on sale soon starting from Korea.