LG just announced Q7, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘Q series’ and the successor of last year’s Q6, after several leaks. It has the same 5.5-inch FHD+ FullVision Display and packs the same 3,000mAh built-in battery, but this is powered by a new 1.5GHz Octa-core / 1.8 GHz Octa-core SoC and runs Android 8.0 (Oreo). The top-end Q7+ comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, as well as a 16-megapixel rear cameras, while the Q7 and budget Q7α features a 13-megapixel rear camera, 3GB RAM and 32GB storage.
In addition to military grade durability with MIL-STD 810G, same as the predecessor, this is also IP68-certified for water and dust resistance. It also has Portrait mode, QLens, Hi-Fi quality audio, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, and the top-end Q7+ also comes with Hi-Fi Quad DAC. Even though it has the same 3000mAh battery has the predecessor, LG has added support for Qualcomm’s Fast Charge technology that charge the phone from 0 to 50% in 30 minutes and it also has USB Type-C, replacing the micro USB on the Q6.
LG Q7, Q7+ and Q7α specifications
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision 442ppi Display
- 1.5GHz Octa-core / 1.8 GHz Octa-core processor
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (Q7 and Q7α) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Q7+) expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP (Q7+) / 13MP (Q7 and Q7α) rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF
- 8MP / 5MP (100-degree Super Wide Angle) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround, Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+ only)
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm ; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C 2.0
- 3,000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The LG Q7 and Q7+ come in Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet colors, and the Q7α comes only in Moroccan Blue color. The new Q7 series will roll out starting from Europe from early next month, followed by countries in the Americas and Asia. No word on the pricing yet.