Xiaomi just announced Mi A2, the company’s latest Android One smartphones at an event in Spain, as it had promised. It is the global version of the Mi 6X which was introduced in April, has a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display, is powered by Snapdragon 660, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor along with a 20-megapixel secondary rear camera with Sony IMX376 sensor to capture depth information for portrait shots with AI, has intelligent scene detection and has auto sensor section . It also has the same 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera with soft LED flash and AI beautification.
The 20MP sensor on both front and back uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, has USB Type-C audio, packs a 3010mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB / 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Blue, Gold and Black colors, is priced at 249 Euros (US$ 291 / Rs. 20,065 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version, the 64GB storage version costs 279 Euros (US$ 326 / Rs. 22,485 approx.) and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 349 Euros (US$ 408 / Rs. 28,130 approx.).
It will roll out in Spain starting from August 10th, in France from July 27th, in Italy from August 8th, and will roll out in over 40 countries, including India soon.