Xiaomi has announced Mi A2 Lite, the company’s latest mid-range Android One smartphone along with the Mi A2, as it had promised. It packs a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch, is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 4GB of RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), a 12-megapixel rear camera with flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with AI portrait and AI Face unlock.
It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 4000mAh battery that promises 6 hours of continuous gaming and 34 hours of music playback.. At the launch with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets that will help to diffuse and radiate heat quickly and reduce the temperature by 2 degree Celsius.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC Color Gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung S5K5E8 sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm; Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite comes in Black, Blue and Gold colors, is priced at 179 Euros (US$ 209 / Rs. 14,435 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 229 Euros (US$ 268 / Rs. 18,460 approx.). It will roll out in Spain starting from August 10th, in France from July 27th, in Italy from August 8th, and will roll out in over 30 countries, but only the Mi A2 is coming to India.