After launching the global Mi Explorer program to offer its fans a chance to travel to Spain, Xiaomi has officially scheduled its global launch event in Spain, Madrid on July 24, where it is expected to introduce the Mi A2, the global version of the Mi 6X which was introduced back in April.
According to a recently-leaked video, which was removed later, the phone is said to have similar specifications as the Mi 6X, but will come with a 3.5mm audio jack. However it is not clear if the smartphone will feature a microSD card slot which the Mi 6X doesn’t have.
Xiaomi Mi A2 rumored specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 4GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi A2 is expected to come in a range of colors, similar to the 6X. We should know the price when it goes official later this month. There are also chances for the smartphone to launch in India in August.