Xiaomi just announced the Mi 6X, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China, as it had promised. It packs a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display, is powered by Snapdragon 660 AIE SoC with up to 6GB RAM, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor along with a 20-megapixel secondary rear camera with Sony IMX376 sensor to capture depth information for portrait shots with AI and also has intelligent scent detection that can detect 12 different scenes and also instantly retouch images of 206 different scenes in 25 different categories. It also has the same 20-megapixel Sony IMX376 sensor for the front camera with soft LED flash and AI beautification.
The 20MP sensor on both front and back uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel. “This greatly improves the sensor’s light sensitivity, enabling users to capture clearer and brighter images, as well as better videos, in low-light conditions,” says Xiaomi. It also has integrated Xiao Ai voice assistant that can understand hundreds of commands in six different categories.
It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, has USB Type-C audio, packs a 3010mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge the phone in just 30 minutes from 0 to 50% with 18W fast charger.
Xiaomi Mi 6X specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, 4GB LPDDR 4x RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- USB Type-C audio
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 6X comes in Black, Blue, Red, Gold and Rose Gold colors, is priced at 1599 yuan (US$ 253 / Rs. 16,910 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 1799 yuan (US$ 285 / Rs. 19,025 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 316 / Rs. 21,140 approx.). It will go on sale in China from April 27th.