OnePlus announced its flagship OnePlus 6 smartphone at an event in London yesterday, now the company has launched it in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.29-inch Optic AMOLED display with a notch, about 84% screen-to-body ratio and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with up to 8GB of RAM. It runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS 5.1, and the company already promised that it will get Android P beta starting this week
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX519 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS as well as EIS. The sensor is 19% bigger compared to the predecessor. It has the same 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376K sensor and f/1.7 aperture, same as 5T for portrait shots and 2x zoom. Even the front camera uses the same 16-megapixel Sony IMX 371 sensor as the 5T. The company has promised portrait mode for the front camera through software update.
In addition to fingerprint sensor on the back, which is now in oval shape, it has face unlock to unlock the phone in 0.4 seconds. The company has retained the alert slider, which is now on the right side. It has daily water resistance, says OnePlus, thanks to special type of foam layered on the gap between the screen and the battery cover that prevents water from seeping into the wiring and waterproof materials in the headphone jack and fingerprint scanner, and silicone loops in gaps around the buttons of the device. It can survive a drop in the sink, rain or a spilled glass of water, but you can’t take it swimming.
For the first time OnePlus has introduced a glass back on its flagship with in the new Mirror Black version that has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The Midnight Black version also has a glass back, but with matte finish. The limited-edition Silk White version uses pearl powder to create a subtle shimmering effect. It has a 3,300 mAh battery with fast charging.
OnePlus 6 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio AMOLED display with DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 480 fps slo-mo at 720p, 240 fps at 1080p, 4k at 60 fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX 371 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Daily Water-resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 155.7×75.35×7.75mm; Weight: 177g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V – 4A)
- OnePlus 6 6GB RAM with 64GB version in Mirror Black – Rs. 34,999
- OnePlus 6 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version in Mirror Black, Midnight Black and Limited-edition Silk White – Rs. 39,999
It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in for Prime users starting May 21st and for everyone from May 22nd. The Limited-edition Silk White will be available from June 5th.
- Discount of Rs. 2,000 on SBI Credit and Debit card transactions during the first week.
- No Cost EMI for up to 3 months on all popular banks.
- Complimentary 12-month Accidental Damage Insurance by Servify
- Rs. 2,000 cash back, up to 370GB additional data and device insurance for Idea subscribers
- Gift card worth Rs. 250 for all Amazon Prime Video consumers and discounts up to Rs. 500 on Amazon Kindle
- Benefits up to Rs. 25,000 on flight and hotel bookings from ClearTrip