Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Note 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘Redmi Note’ series in India, as it had promised. As expected, it is the same Redmi 5 Plus that was introduced in China back in December last year. It has a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 full-screen display, is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9.2 on top.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor, dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with selfie flash. There is a fingerprint sensor on the back and it packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Lake Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 11,999. Xiaomi is also bundling a clear case in the box. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from February 22nd. It also comes with Rs. 2200 cashback offer and 100% additional 4G data for Reliance Jio customers.